Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Short Taking of Time; A Moment

A SHORT TAKING OF TIME; A MOMENT
                               
In that you asked, I thought I might
And then considered if I should
But not reflexive,
More ponderous I think I am, as if someone walked
Beyond a cave.
Someone who can sometimes see a little daringly
And perhaps occasionally misbehave.
And then you know, I think you do, I said to you
There is a perfect being,
Correct me, but I believe my claim is for this creature
To be you and that that claim in and of itself
Makes small distinction for its own merit
And see nothing to discredit a belief that
You are more than good, but perfect.
And everyone, including you, will fight me on this,
Little wonder, stuffed with egalitarianism as we are,
But this is just to say, that in a random ordering
Of things, some will be more to the perfect than others
And I have placed you above the others.
Is this a father abandoning all reason?
Or is this reason being contrary?
I submit this for your inspection.
For your cabinet draw to be put away.
To be taken out from time to time
And cause you to be reflective.

copyright JJW

No comments:

Post a Comment